What I still sometimes think I'm "supposed" to look like.
What I look like in real life and real time.
What is it that I'd Like You to Know?
1. This is me. If there are hoops to jump through, I can't find them and I've given up looking.
I used to say that my beloved Phoebe-girl fur-baby was as close as I would ever come to birthing a child. Yet, every moment was filled with love. Right until the very end. I'm not crying as I type this. OK. Maybe a little.
Now, I see that may not be as true as I once thought. The process of bringing Activating Ascension forth into the world has probably been closer to what I think it would be like to birth a child. It's been long. It's been painful. There's been a lot of judgment about the "right" way to do it. It's forced me to reevaluate everything. At the same time, it's been beautiful and it has changed me in ways I never could have imagined and sometimes still, don't fully understand.
Now that it's here, I'm unapologetic. You will either "get it" or you won't and that's OK. If this is for you, then I want you to feel it in your bones. I don't want to have to put on some dog and pony show and wrap it up in some smarmy marketing package. In fact, I refuse to. Time will be the judge, I suppose.
2. "They" say you teach what you most need to learn. Most of us know what we should do. The trick is to convert our knowingness into being-ness. To take an abstract idea and interweave it into the very essence of who we are so as to create the foundation for all we do. That's why I'm here.
I'm honored and humbled to be given the opportunity to share what I've learned. I don't have it all figured out, so please, don't put me on any pedestal. I'm still learning as I go and adjusting accordingly.
3. Maybe you have hard and fast beliefs about God. I do not. I see God and experience God as fluid, revealing herself to me as my understanding and ability to choose, be, and share love expands. What I do know is that everything is sacred.
You may also be interested to know that everything I share in Activating Ascension came forward as an answer to sheer desperation and repeated prayer. "Dear God, make me a channel of your healing works in the world. Guide my thoughts, my words, my actions. In Jesus' name I pray."
Even I was a little confused as to some of the specifics that came forth. When I took my confusion to Jesus, he said, "Trust me. Throw out everything you think you know about me and let me show you who I am and what I can do." Best advice I ever followed.
4. The book cover was my husband's stroke of genius.
The first mountain expanse I chose featured a man. The response was, "Why isn't it a woman?" So, I found a man. Then came, "Why isn't it a woman?"
The sign post was his idea and we acted upon it the moment inspiration stroke. He cut them out, I painted the words, and he made them look old.
To solve the man/woman dilemma, I knew it had to be us. We faced away from the camera, so that anyone could picture themselves at a crossroads. We held hands now to show that you must be partnered, but to show that we move forward together. The divine feminine and masculine have been at odds for so long. The time for opposition has past. It's time to realize we're in it together and that's how will transcend the illusion of lack and separation. And, I wanted to wear the floppy hat.
5. Why I do what I do. You're guess is as good as mine. Because I can? Because I ask A LOT of questions and seem to be pretty good at hearing their divine answers? Because I love it? Or, is it simply because I want to help make the world a better place? Your guess is as good as mine. I'm still trying to figure it out. When I do, you'll be the first to know.
My amazing husband and sweet Phoebe-Girl.